Followers

Sunday 21 December 2014

Hexagon Exploding Box Tutorial


Hi here I am with your Hexagon Exploding Box instructions.
The Paper I used is Graphic 45 Christmas Emporium
and Black Card Stock.
First I got the Hexagon Exploding Box template
then I enlarged them to 210% 
I had to do it in 2 pieces as the two bottom layers are big. 
 I did it so each Hexagon center for the bottom 2 layers had 3 Flaps each.
 So for the bottom layerI then glued one hexagon on top 
of the other so created the first layer and gave
it extra strength in the middle. I did the same with the second layer too.




The third layer fitted and so did the lid on a sheet each.
I did all this on Black Cardstock 12 x 12
The Largest Layer I matted with the Blue Graphic 45 Paper 10.3cm x 8.1cm 6 off them
Middle Layer the black holly paper 9.2cm x 7.1cm 6 off them
Smallest Layer soft blue 7.8cm x 6.2cm 6 off them


The Lid I copied again a tiny bit smaller just so I could layer 
it and the same with the small layer of the box just the Hexagon.
I decorated each layer before I put it all together and I wanted it to spin
 so you could see all the layers so I used a  Tim Holtz  Book Fastener
 in the center. So when decorating look at where your layers are going
so you can see them when displayed.

The outside side Matt is 10.3cm x 8.1cm  6 off them then decorate.
Just make sure you know how far the lid comes down and doesn't hid your decorations.




The Tutorial for the tree.
I can't work out how to add the pattern so you can print
 it out at the correct size so you can email me at
jatdwy@gmail.com
and I will send it to you and just print it off.
You cut around the pieces. Using designer paper cover the
 wrong side with jac paper and add another piece of designer paper
 so it has the same design on both sides then trace the tree pieces on to it.
 The lines up and down in your
 tree you cut you may find you need to cut them deeper
when putting your tree together as it all slots together.
When putting it together start at no.1 and work your way to 5
and you will find it just all slots in it is a bit fickle to do so have patience.
You could use any other tree though.
Have Fun and can't wait to see them all.


12 comments:

  1. Jenny, what a fantastic project. Wow. You are so talented. Thank you so much for all the lovely comments you leave for me. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really is outstanding Jenny! Thank you for the tutorial. Happy Christmas!!
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow and another wow Jenny. This is just an amazing Christmas festive explosion box. And thank you for the how too. Wishing you and your loved ones a blessed festive season and a 2015 filled with tons of love and joy.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweetie, I am always blown away when I come here, gorgeous work as always!! huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning! How did you go about enlarging the pattern 210%? Thank you for sharing your photos and instructions!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for a glorious sample & instructions. I am interested in getting the file to make the christmas tree but the email address listed rejects... is this file still available? thanks Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have updated my Email address sorry about that :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Have tried to email you at the address above and it comes back rejected. I would also like to know if the instructions were stiil available Thanks :)

      Delete
  8. Fantastic. Landed on your blog this morning and love your work..am your new follower
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  9. please tell me how to close this box

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments and
Especially love visiting you back!
Hugs Jennifer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...