Followers

Wednesday 17 June 2015

Christmas Shaker Card Tutorial




Hi Everyone this is my CAS Christmas Shaker Card. Ok its probably
a tad busy but it isn't easy doing CAS and I admire everyone out there
that does them it takes me just as long as an Overloaded one.

I have cut a card base in white 21cm x 15cm and folded it in half.



 I have then cut in purple 10cm x 14.5cm
purple 7.5cm x 3cm
white 13.cm x 8cm
Acetate 10cm x 7.5cm
Out of the white piece I have cut out the Christmas Tree using

12.5cm x 7.5cm and
9.5cm x 14cm


Layer on the white card base the purple cardstock and then the 
14cm x 9.5cm Altitude Paper.


Tape the Acetate to the back of the cut out tree and tape the small purple
 piece to the trunk and Merry word.


This is the back you then need to stick foam strip all around
the edge of the card and around the tree. I also put one strip across
 the middle of the tree to stop the sequins from falling down.
I used the embossing buddy on the accetate so the sequins didn't 
cling to it. I then popped a few sequins and Snowflakes
 in the top and bottom sections.


 I then stuck the other piece of Altitude Paper on to the back 
of the foam strips.


 I then stuck the whole shaker tree to the card.




 I cut out of the sparkly purple glitter paper a Simon Says Abby Snowflake.
I also stamped using  MTF Jingle All The Way Stamps
 and cut them out using the matching Jingle All The Way Die Set
I have coloured Santa with copics using
E0000, E000, E00, E01, C1, C0, V12, V15, V17
I have added an enamel dot to the centre of the Snowflake and have also 
dotted a few sequins around on the card.

This one is using different paper out of the Paper Pad.

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow Jennifer this is a stunning and such a fun shaker card. So different and unique for Christmas.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW such a fabulous Christmas card and such lovely colours and a brilliant design! You have beaten me to it, I am about to make my first Christmas card, but once I start I have trouble stopping lol!
    Thanks for sharing your easy to follow tutorial too!
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, love the colours, I haven't made a shaker card in ages, might have to give it a go, thanks for the inspiration xo Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning sweetie just love the colours too hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun fun christmas card!! adorable unusual colours, fantastic purple and so very inspiring!! i'll sure use the idea for my christmas cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love shaker cards and love your purple Santa! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUCH a beautiful card!! I love your colour combination. And thank you for the link to the die - I've popped it in my cart at SSS. I spent the weekend trying to cut a similar design out - but my sore hands struggled then I broke the blade!! So seeing your card and the link to the die today was fabulous timing. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments and
Especially love visiting you back!
Hugs Jennifer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...